Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Assistant Photographer: Weddings with Erin

We had a very busy year in 2009. Between some awesome weddings and portrait sessions and our Senior Rock Star Tour, we kept busy. One of my favorite things though is getting the opportunity to tag along with other photographers as a second shooter- whether it's for a wedding or a portrait session it's just fun to work with other great professionals and get to experiment a little with my photography catching a different perspective than I normally would as the main photographer- much like Michelle does for our own business.

This past year I had the chance to work with some amazing photographers and some great friends. On three separate occasions I tagged along with Erin Cady of Art & Soul Photography for various weddings. Below are some of my favorites or just different images that I want to share.

This first wedding was back in June up at The Aspen Mountain Lodge. Down the mountain was perfect weather but once we got up to the top the wind and snow started making for a very cold ceremony. The view was absolutely breathtaking though- making it all worth it.






This next wedding was in August. The ceremony was held at the Denver Botanic Gardens and then we traveled over to the Wellshire Inn for the reception.







This last one I shot with Erin back in October out in Calhan, Colorado. I absolutely love photographing this time of year near sunset with the warm glow.






The kids at this wedding were so flippin' cute!:


2 comments:

Juliana said...

These are un-freaking-belivable! WOW...I am just amazed!

Erin Cady said...

Well Dusty, I have to say that it is absolutely my pleasure having you there. :) I can't wait to hopefully do it again next year! Thanks, brother!! :)